is there hope

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

is there hope

Post by Dave Davison »

Having upgraded from XP to W7 has rendered an important prog obselete but having just read an article in a UK mag seems to infer old software can still be made to work. It starts by saying, click on the prog's desktop icon but seeing the prog is no installed therein is the first hurdle so I am unable to procede to the "Compatibility mode". Step one seems to be is it possible to make W7 read and install the software? :scratch: Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: is there hope

Post by HansV »

You might try running the installation procedure in compatibility mode. The installer for a program is often called something like nnnsetup.exe or nnninstall.exe, where nnn is (part of) the name of the program.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Dave,
Are you saying the old program is no longer installed OR that it just doesn't have a desktop icon?
If it's ust the lack of an icon, go to it's installed folder and find the .exe file for it. RIght click on it and cliclk "run in compatibility mode." then follow the instructions.
If it no longer is installed, then I would asume you have to install it first, then go to compatibility mode.
All this should be part of Win 7 and not need a separate program.
I have a couple of older programs running this way and they run fine.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

SORRY Guys for not responding to your posts, (simple case of forgetfulness) I was just now rummaging through my Posts and note my neglect at not drawing this thread to a conclusion. Seeing I now have only the occasional need to refer to the said prog and have found an on-line site that offers some of the features of the one I first wrote about, I'll simply make do with this alternative. Thanks anyway Dave.