Periodic BSOD on Cold Boot - Win7 64Bit

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Periodic BSOD on Cold Boot - Win7 64Bit

Post by JoeP »

One last thought - if the system is taken to Best Buy for repair be sure to back up any data before hand. Often repair shops will end up reformatting the HD whether it is appropriate or not.

Joe
Joe

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Post by JimmyC »

Joe--thanks for the reminder. The "other" issue is that some of the software, like the student edition of Office is licensed to the hardware, so I think that I will need to purchase a new copy should I require a new laptop. Jim

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Get the key codes of all of the installed software, this may allow you to reinstall without re buying them.

Also, if the programs were downloaded and the install "exe" files were saved, save a copy of them on a external drive.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

JimmyC wrote:Joe--thanks for the reminder. The "other" issue is that some of the software, like the student edition of Office is licensed to the hardware, so I think that I will need to purchase a new copy should I require a new laptop. Jim
If it comes to replacing Office your son may be able to get a good price on the academic version through the school. Same software just different licensing and a much cheaper price.

Joe
Joe

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Post by JimmyC »

DaveA and JoeP----THank you for the software advice....I just dread starting all over with this process...its seems like its August 2012 all over again when he left for college and my wallet was much thinner. :-) JimC