Duplicate files finder

weese237
2StarLounger

Duplicate files finder

Post by weese237 »

Hello,
Was wondering what experiences people here had with finding duplicate files. Specially photos. I've heard of "Duplicate File Finder" but never used it.

Anyone using something special that they are happy with?

Thanks!
Louise     :smile:

HansV
Administrator

Re: Duplicate files finder

Post by HansV »

dupeGuru gets good reviews, even if it doesn't officially support Windows any more. If you have a 64-bit Windows version, get "v3.9.1 for Windows 7 (64bit)", otherwise, get "v3.8.0 for Windows XP (32bit)".

Treesize Professional lets you search for duplicate files, and deduplicate them. It's not free, but there is a 30-day free trial download.
Best wishes,
Hans

weese237
2StarLounger

Post by weese237 »

Thanks! Will look into those.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I have used the free version of Duplicate Cleaner and it has done a great job in cleaning up duplicate files. It has a user-friendly and intuitive interface. The free version allows one to find duplicate files and music with many options. However, only their paid version allows to find duplicate images.

For images, I use the completely free VisiPics. It does a good job in locating duplicate images, but the interface is not very "refined". For the purposes I needed when I was cleaning out my PC...it did a good job in finding duplicate images. Even close matches can be requested if I remember correctly.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

weese237
2StarLounger

Post by weese237 »

Hi Rudi, Funny, I was reading about the Duplicate Cleaner software earlier today. Seems like a lot of people like that one as well. Will have to give it a try. If I like the way it handles the files, may just buy it for the photo part of it too.

Thank you.