What is Best Way to Access Google Calendar From PC

BillW
3StarLounger

What is Best Way to Access Google Calendar From PC

Post by BillW »

I am trying to set up a calendar that can be accessed from my laptop and my Android phone. I've decided to use a Google Calendar, only because I haven't seen anything that convinced me to use something else. I have installed the appropriate app on my phone and that is working. What is the best way to access the calendar from my laptop?

Thanks,
Bill

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: What is Best Way to Access Google Calendar From PC

Post by Rudi »

Hi Bill,

See the image below:
If your PC opens on the Google home page, or even in Gmail, then you can use the icon to access the calendar immediately.
You can of course set up a shortcut on your Desktop or in your browser shortcut bar to open the calendar too.
Calendar.jpg
The link below is an extra you may want to scan through to take advantage of some great tips in using the calendar. :smile:
Tips and tricks for Google Calendar: 11 hidden gems you didn't know about.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I use a (relatively low cost) commercial product called gSyncIt to synchronise calendar and contacts between Outlook on multiple PCs and Google.
StuartR

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Post by jonwallace »

You could also use Thunderbird with it's Lightning addon. (That link is for the en-gb version)
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube

BillW
3StarLounger

Post by BillW »

Thanks Rudi, Stuart, and Jon for the good info. I knew about the connection to Thunderbird -- and I use Thunderbird! -- but I don't typically keep it open and it is pretty slow to open so I was looking for a better method. At this point I'll use the IE method that Rudi explained and see how I like it.

Thanks,
Bill