Just as I suspected Windows 8 may become the new "Vista"...

ringel05
NewLounger

Re: Just as I suspected Windows 8 may become the new "Vista"

Post by ringel05 »

I (user) beta tested 8, realized from the beginning it was designed for touch screen devises and many of us told M$ if they wanted to go that route they should have a separate "classic" interface as many would not like or use the tile feature on standard laptops and desktops. As usual M$ didn't listen. Seems they finally got the message. Yes 8.1 is a very good OS but most like me have no need or desire to use it. Heck, I bought a laptop on sale for the wife who decided she hated the keyboard, contacted the manufacturer to return it, they gave me an extra $75 off to keep it. That $75 paid for a Win 7 system builder disc, downloaded Win 7 drivers, wiped 8.1 from the HD and installed Win 7. I'm happy with my new laptop........ :grin:

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I feel the same. When I needed a new laptop a few months ago I made sure I got one that runs Windows 7.
StuartR

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

ringel05 wrote:Yes 8.1 is a very good OS but most like me have no need or desire to use it.
Your gonna have to make the leap somewhere down the line. Early next year, Win9 comes knocking and the interface is similar to Win8, except it has a genuine integrated start menu again. I upgraded to WIn8(.1) quite a while back and haven't looked back since. The first week (or two) just feels strange, but once your over the interface changes, it has it's advantages and performs just as well (if not better) than Win7 (IMHO).
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

ringel05
NewLounger

Post by ringel05 »

Rudi wrote:
ringel05 wrote:Yes 8.1 is a very good OS but most like me have no need or desire to use it.
Your gonna have to make the leap somewhere down the line. Early next year, Win9 comes knocking and the interface is similar to Win8, except it has a genuine integrated start menu again. I upgraded to WIn8(.1) quite a while back and haven't looked back since. The first week (or two) just feels strange, but once your over the interface changes, it has it's advantages and performs just as well (if not better) than Win7 (IMHO).
Nope, I have another option, Linux Mint, load StealthVM then load Win 7 in StealthVM, problem solved.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

That's just cheating! :bash:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

ringel05
NewLounger

Post by ringel05 »

Me? Cheat? Well maybe just a little......... :grin: