icloud = iClueless

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

icloud = iClueless

Post by Peter Kinross »

Has anyone found a way to get iCloud to sync with Outlook on a PC?
I am trying to get my Access Db appointments synced with my iProducts. I sync my Db with Outlook using vba that part works. iCloud is supposed to take it from there.
It is supposed to, but from the HUGE number entries on Google, it would appear that it never has worked consistently, if at all.
I have ticked all the right setup boxes - iCloud is just not doing what it is set up to do.
Rather surprising that Apple would let it fail for so long.
But if anyone has it working, please let me know.
Avagr8day, regards, Peter

HansV
Administrator

Re: icloud = iClueless

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

Peter Kinross
5StarLounger

Re: icloud = iClueless

Post by Peter Kinross »

Thanks Hans.
There seem to be 2 solutions. Neither of which I can use.
1) Make all Appointments (actually Meetings in Outlook) using the iCloud calendar in Outlook. This won't work for me as the only time I use Outlook is as a bridge to sync with my iProducts. All my Meetings are set in my Access Db.
2) Transfer/sync/merge/move (take your pick) Meetings from the normal Outlook calendar to the iCloud Outlook calendar using vba. With my total lack of knowledge of the Outlook model, this is way outside my capabilities.

We get back to the fact that Apple have no way of synching Outlook with iProducts. And after quite a few years of not doing so, clearly have no intention of fixing things.
Because of Apple's cavalier attitude to customers in this and MANY MANY other spheres, I made the decision 3 months ago that I have purchased my last Apple product. Trouble is, this leaves me stuck until I change my hardware - not for at least 2 more years.
Maybe someone somewhere has or will write the required code. Just hope I hear about it when (if) that occurs.

BUMMER!
Avagr8day, regards, Peter