Problem with Smilies

BobH
UraniumLounger

Problem with Smilies

Post by BobH »

If this is posted in the wrong area, I trust that the moderators will move it (please), but I'm uncertain where else to place it.

Recently I discovered that, while composing a post, if I click on the "View more smilies" link and try to select one, nothing appears on-screen to show me that any selection took place. In fact I must page back; yet, when I do so, I am returned to the thread post screen but all the text previously typed has vanished. No amount of paging forward or backward will return the peviously typed text.

This occurs using my iPad (original) on iOS5 and the Photon browser. Am I experiencing this because of the platform and application? Almost surely,but I'm at a loss to determine whether it is because of the OS or the app. I tried using Safari and got the same results. I updated all apps and rebooted but get the same results.

Other than returning to a Windows-based full function computer, does anyone have a suggestion for overcoming this glitch?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Leif
Administrator

Re: Problem with Smilies

Post by Leif »

If you know the 'code' for the smilie you want, you can type it in:

:smile:
gives you
:smile:
Leif

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Problem with Smilies

Post by BobH »

Thanks,, Leif.

That will help!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs