Avatars and signatures when not being logged in

Argus
GoldLounger

Avatars and signatures when not being logged in

Post by Argus »

It's early morning here, so it's very possible that I have missed something, :yawn: but I notice that now, 3 Feb. around 05:40 CET (04:40 GMT), it's possible to see: avatars (user pictures), links in mini-profile (shown in the post under the avatar), such as e-mail or web page, and signatures when you are not logged in to the Lounge. I am not sure about the links, but earlier, you could not see avatars or signatures (and perhaps some more) if not being logged in.

Also, yesterday I noticed a new tab in the profile: Digests, with several options.

Do you have any information about this? :smile:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Avatars and signatures when not being logged in

Post by StuartR »

I don't remember avatars and signatures ever being visible to logged in users only, but that could be a failure of my memory.

Digests are a possible future feature that Mike is testing.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Argus,

Aren't you confusing this Lounge with the WS Lounge? Guests can see user pictures and signatures here. But not the full profile.
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

No, I don't think I am confusing this Lounge with the other place (but, yes, it's true that that is the case there with IPB software).

I did some reading this morning, around 05:20-05:30, not being logged in (at the moment I have my browser set to clean the cache and cookies, so I am not automatically logged in; in fact I had to log on to write the post. And if using a different skin than the default, you definitely see that you are not logged in) and remember very well reading a recent post in Other Office Applications and directly noticed the signature line and a signature, then I saw some avatars. It was as if the change happened during my reading; yes I know what you think. :nuts: :laugh: Looking at the top right corner I could see "Login", i.e. not being on the “inside”.

I don't have any screenshots from threads when not being logged on, so I can't confirm this. But as mentioned above, given my browser settings, I have seen the Lounge quite often not being logged on.

Odd, since several Loungers, at least at the moment, have different avatars than before, I should remembered seeing the new ones more often if that was the case (apart from the first day or two when several hadn't added any avatar).

Guess we have to ask some other guys (even though I guess that the majority try to stay logged on all the time). I saw some other Admin around that time, and earlier. Perhaps someone else knows.

It was just that, I was intrigued by what I saw. No problem with profiles, as you say, I know. There is also no problem with anonymous e-mail, since the links doesn’t work (if you are not logged in).
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I do stay logged in my main browser, but I sometimes use another browser to look at posts while not logged in, and I haven't noticed a change.

But who knows - Mike Wolfman has been very busy tweaking the Lounge.
Best wishes,
Hans

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

I didn't make any changes that would make avatars visible to people not logged in. -shrug-
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

mwolfman wrote:I didn't make any changes that would make avatars visible to people not logged in. -shrug-
Hi Mike,

I don't know how I should interpret that. Are you saying that avatars (etc.) shouldn't be visible to people not logged in?

It is odd, and I could very well be wrong (wouldn't be first time); just thought I didn't see the avatars or signatures at one point (here).

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

Argus wrote:
mwolfman wrote:I didn't make any changes that would make avatars visible to people not logged in. -shrug-
Hi Mike,

I don't know how I should interpret that. Are you saying that avatars (etc.) shouldn't be visible to people not logged in?

It is odd, and I could very well be wrong (wouldn't be first time); just thought I didn't see the avatars or signatures at one point (here).

To be honest, I never noticed what can be seen when you're not logged in compared to being logged in. *IF* there was a time that a guest could not see avatars, anything I've done thus far should not have changed that.
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root