access

aekyall
4StarLounger

access

Post by aekyall »

I've noticed that, regardless of browser, whenever I try to log in, my user name and password are not accepted the first time I try - I just get returned to the login window with no error messages or such. I then re-enter user name and password and it is immediately accepted, and I'm in! Strange. Not really an issue as I do always get in on the second attempt, but it is a bit of an annoyance. Is anyone else experiencing this? I've done all the usual (I think) - cleared cookies, deleted saved passwords and re-entered them, but always the same result! :scratch:
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Re: access

Post by HansV »

Do you use an old bookmark to access the Lounge?
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Sort of! It's one that I created following the server change - I couldn't get access using the old one (http) following the change, so set one up to use https - I'll delete the one I'm using now and create a new one to see if that helps. Thanks
Regards,
Keith

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Deleted shortcut and created a new one - no difference I'm afraid. Still having to login twice to succeed. Also noticed that when I made my reply re the shortcut, I was logged out of the lounge as soon as I pressed 'submit'
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Try setting the target of the bookmark to https://eileenslounge.com/app.php/portal
Best wishes,
Hans

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Did that and still the same result. My bookmark now takes me to the portal page where I enter my password and exactly the same happens - I have to enter it a second time for it to work! It's no big deal, just a bit of an inconvenience - Obviously I'm the only one experiencing this so it is probably something being caused at my end. I'll live with it! Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Try deleting all Lounge cookies from your browser once more. :crazy:
Best wishes,
Hans

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You said you cleared cookies. Did you clear the cached pages also?
Are you typing the info in or using a password manager?
When you are ready, do you use the "Enter" key or click the button?
Joe

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

My story about trying to log in and my solution. Maybe it will help someone else?

I had problems getting in after the update as well. At first I wondered if the update was still happening so I waited a day or two before trying again and still I had problems. So after searching about how to clear out cookies, etc. I chose to "clear data" from Firefox and then I typed in the basic website address. "https://www.eileenslounge.com" So I had a fresh page and entered my credentials and yay - that worked. I did not use my saved bookmark after that I use the basic website address and I've had success logging in every time since. Now to get used to the "new" layout, etc. :)
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

HansV wrote:
09 May 2020, 15:17
Try deleting all Lounge cookies from your browser once more. :crazy:
Cleared all lounge cookies again and, lo and behold, I got logged in first attempt! :scratch: but, :clapping:

Joe P - have cleared the cache several times and, also, tried all variations of your queries. Up 'til now with zero success - but, following Hans' suggestion to clear cookies once more, that seems to have done the trick - time will tell!! :thankyou:

Many thanks to all for help :chocciebar:
Regards,
Keith