Sending Money

Lou Sander
NewLounger

Sending Money

Post by Lou Sander »

I'm new here, but pretty experienced at Woody's Lounge.

From time to time, I want to send some money to places that help me. It seems they never make it easy. At Woody's I had to buy unwanted ebooks (as I remember it). At Windows Secrets, I have to subscribe to a paid newsletter.

If I want ebooks or newsletters, I will subscribe to them.

If I just want to send some money, without getting stuff that I don't want, a lot of these places aren't very cooperative.

I would encourage you to set up a way where guys like me can just send you some money by PayPal. You might be surprised at what comes in.

Lou Sander
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
USA

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Sending Money

Post by StuartR »

Thanks Lou, that's a very generous offer. I will discuss it with the other Admins.

We have always refused offers like this in the past because we didn't want to change the relationship we had with the people we helped. As soon as money is involved it can become a service with expectations, rather than a group of friends helping each other.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Maybe I shouldn't chip in until there's more feedback from the Admins but, having seen what happened to Woody's Lounge when it became The Other Place, I'd be very hesitant about money being involved.

Also, I'm not sure the amazing generosity I and my family received from a fellow Lounger when we got stranded by the recent northern Europe no-fly ban would have been possible had money been involved here.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hello Lou,

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

We appreciate your offer, but we're not really in need of financial support. We're running this site on the cheap, I think the total cost in the first 5 months was US$ 9.99.

But if the need ever arises, we'll keep your suggestion in mind.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Lou Sander wrote:From time to time, I want to send some money to places that help me. ...

I quite agree.
Me too. :yep:
The admins of Eileen's lounge, and the members, are absolutely dreadful. :cop:
They refuse to equate the help we receive with money. :nope:
Disgusting I call it. What a terrible business attitude etc etc etc (grin!).:surrender:

What makes me feel better is seeking out some local organization, be it Cancer society, John Birch etc etc and offering some time each month to deliver training-to-make-you-more-efficient.
In a loose sort of way, I can pass on a watered-down version of what I've learned here and make The World A Better Place (TM) just as my world is made better by This Place.

Just a suggestion ..... :hugs:
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle