Script Error

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Script Error

Post by Bigaldoc »

HansV wrote:If Thunderbird works well for you, why don't you stick with that? You can set up multiple e-mail accounts there if you wish.
AMEN to that!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:If Thunderbird works well for you, why don't you stick with that? You can set up multiple e-mail accounts there if you wish.
I could do that, but there's one thing I don't like about Thunderbird. When I choose forward, I get awful looking objects when I removed the senders name, topic and date it was sent. The receipient sees it and it looks awful. It looks like circles. Is there an way to avoid it's appearance? :sad: Is there any way to stop that from happening?

I do like Live Mail because it looks and acts so much like Outlook Express. I think I'll just put up with the message and read the posts by visiting the forum. Unless what I suggested about cancelling the email notices and restarting to see if that solves the issue.

Your opinion please.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria E wrote:Unless what I suggested about cancelling the email notices and restarting to see if that solves the issue.
You can try that, Gloria, but I think it's unlikely that it will solve the script error.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Gloria E wrote:... there's one thing I don't like about Thunderbird. When I choose forward, ...
I NEVER forward messages. Instead, select "Edit Message As New" and delete the addressees, replacing them with your own.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

Removing and reinstalling Live Mail might solve your problem and it can't hurt anything.

But as Hans and Al concur, if Thunderbird works for you why not stick with it and see if you like it. Hard to know if you like something better if you don't give it a fair trial. It's like test driving a car by sitting in it in the showroom and saying it doesn't run well..
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Doc Watson wrote:Removing and reinstalling Live Mail might solve your problem and it can't hurt anything.

But as Hans and Al concur, if Thunderbird works for you why not stick with it and see if you like it. Hard to know if you like something better if you don't give it a fair trial. It's like test driving a car by sitting in it in the showroom and saying it doesn't run well..
I selected to save mail on the server yesterday (6/09/2010) and read the lounges dailey digest in Thunderbird and no error message. Read the same digest in Live Mail and the script error appeared again (as usual). Since I prefer using LM, I'll just open the digest using Thunderbird. That seems the lesser of two evils and a lot less work on my part.

Doc, I'll have you know that I selected Thunderbird before I switched to Live Mail, that's how I know which one I prefer, no pig in the poke for me. :cheers:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

I discovered a possible fix for the error. Please read the post written by Richard Comford and all the replies.

I would try his suggestion if I only knew how to do what he suggests. If any one knows how, please let me know. I'll try this one last possible fix.

http://bytes.com/topic/javascript/answe ... efox-opera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope the above link works.

Gloria E

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria,

That thread is targeted to people who design web pages, not to people who view them. The proposed 'solution' is to change the design of the web page, something which you as recipient of the digests cannot do.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Gloria,

That thread is targeted to people who design web pages, not to people who view them. The proposed 'solution' is to change the design of the web page, something which you as recipient of the digests cannot do.
I knew it looked like Greek to me, didn't understand a word of what was written. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

I give up, after over a month I'm still getting that error message. I've decided that before I download mail from the lounge, via Mail Washer, I'll set Thunderbird as the default and change back again when I'm finished reading the lounges mail. That should help, if I leave the lounges mail until last.

Your opinion on that work around.

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

If it works for you, it should work for us. :grin:
You may be dyslexic.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Doc Watson wrote:If it works for you, it should work for us. :grin:
Thanks Doc,

I knew I could depend on your being the one who responds first. :laugh:

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

Yeah, I'm an ECRRT member. That's Emergency Computer Resuscitation Response Team, of course. :smile:
You may be dyslexic.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

I'm delighted to announce that the digests no longer give me script errors. The reason? I now have a new default email client, Windows Live Mail, it's settings reminded me so much of OE. I enjoy using it because it does all the things that I require with no hassels.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Good to hear that, Gloria. Thanks for the update.
Best wishes,
Hans