Strange New Response to Choosing a Post Returned by Search

BobH
UraniumLounger

Strange New Response to Choosing a Post Returned by Search

Post by BobH »

Recently, I've experienced what is for me a strange error message in response to selecting a post returned by a Search. Please note that the message does not appear until after I've run the search, got hits, selected a hit and tried to open it.

The message reads: No posts exist inside this topic for the selected time frame.

To my knowledge, I have done nothing to limit the search time frame, although I might have done so accidentally; however, on reviewing the search screen I see no options to do so.

An even more puzzling issue is that I did a screenshot of the error message in order to post it accurately in this message. I saved the screenshot in the same folder I always use; however, when I tried to select, add and insert the image as I've always done, my folder shows no contents when accessed by the 'add the file' browse. I have checked to be certain that my folder has the content. It is the same exact process I've used numerous times to post screenshots including the exact same folder.

Are the Halloween spooks at work? If so, they jumped the gun because I first noticed this several days ago.

:flee: :flee: :flee: :flee: :flee: :flee: :flee: :flee: :flee:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Leif
Administrator

Re: Strange New Response to Choosing a Post Returned by Sear

Post by Leif »

Definitely spooky!

Can you repeat the search with the same results?

Can you tell us what term you were searching for? (By pm if you'd rather not say in public.)
Leif

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Maybe you should change the Einstein quote in your signature to something more in the line of daisies, birds and sunshine; then see if things change for the better?
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

OK, I'll try.

I have a file folder at this path: C:\Users\xxx\ScreenShots

I make screenshots using FastStone Capture and the save default is set to the pathname above.

The screenshots are saved there, but when I go into the Eileen's Lounge full editor and click on the Browse button to select a file name, I can browse to the correct path and file but the folder show no contents.

I made screenshots of each step, but I cannot add them to this post because the Browse function reveals the folder as empty. I even made a screenshot of the folder contents by using Windows Explorer and saved it to the folder. Of course, when I tried to add it here, I got the same indication that the folder is empty.

I don't know how to over come this. I will attempt a PM and see if it behaves differently there.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You cannot attach screenshots to a PM.

What is the file type of the screenshots in your C:\Users\xxx\ScreenShots folder?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

The file extensions of the most recent screenshots are .gif.

I just power cycled the system restarting Firefox. The Screenshot folder now seems to have contents. I have to research further to be certain I don't have a duplicate or squirreled up path to the folder. More later.

I tried the search, select and view post but got the same error message. Now I can show the screenshots of the process:

Here is the post chosen from the search response:
search argument.gif
Here is the result of clicking that post:
Post chosen after search.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You show a screenshot of the post AND a screenshot mentioning "No posts exist...". How could you view the post if you got an error message?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

HansV wrote:You show a screenshot of the post AND a screenshot mentioning "No posts exist...". How could you view the post if you got an error message?
The first screenshot is of the Search Argument page.

The second screenshot is one of several posts returned by the search argument. There were others.

The third screenshot is the result of having clicked the subject line in the post returned by the search argument.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Weird - I can't reproduce the problem. I logged in with my test user Dopje in Firefox 33.0.2. I setup a search as in your first screenshot, then clicked on the link in the post from your second screenshot. It took me to the thread without errors:
S0159.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans