Missing Daily Digest

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Missing Daily Digest

Post by BobArch2 »

No Daily Digest messages received today, Sunday, 2014.10.12. I checked my profile settings and all seems to be OK. Are there any issues with the system, maybe as a result of the recent server maintenance?
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: Missing Daily Digest

Post by HansV »

We got a message that the digest couldn't be delivered, but the system will try again:
Your message has been received by taz.futurequest.net but has been
undeliverable to the following recipients for at least 2 hours.
The mail system will continue to attempt to deliver your message
to these recipients for a total of 2 days. You do not need to
resend your message at this time.

Recipient(s):
...@sympatico.ca
(taz.futurequest.net is our host. I anonymized your e-mail address to prevent spammers from harvesting it.)
I hope the digest will be delivered soon.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:We got a message that the digest...
(taz.futurequest.net is our host. I anonymized your e-mail address to prevent spammers from harvesting it.)
I hope the digest will be delivered soon.
Me thinks the problem is with my ISP. I just performed some testing sending from my various accounts and those that are not sympatico related (like xxx@me.com) are coming in. I know sympatico are changing their email procedures to quasi-separate themselves from hotmail. Perhaps that might be the issue.

I'll report back if and when the problems are resolved.

As a matter of interest, your reply which should have been received by me within minutes has not reached the intended destination. Perhaps I will change my addy to the gmail account.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It may indeed be Sympatico - we got one other notification of a delivery failure to an @sympatico.ca e-mail address.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

HansV wrote:It may indeed be Sympatico - we got one other notification of a delivery failure to an @sympatico.ca e-mail address.
Good morning Hans,

The problem was indeed with the Bell Canada network environment. Their system is tied to the old Hotmail servers and they have two environments, @sympatico.ca and @bell.net. Their POP and SMTP servers are linked to pophm.sympatico.ca and smtphm.sympatico.ca. With like "pophm" and "smtphm" for the bell.net setup. Communication between Bell customers was never an issue. Outgoing mail to non-Bell customers was also OK. However, mail coming in from non-Bell accounts through the Bell ports were warehoused until this morning when the levee broke and the mail came flooding in.

Mail coming in though non-Bell ports such as those with @gmail.com, @me.com and the new @outlook.com were never impacted.

Here ENDTH the saga. And thanks again for reactivating my account when I changed my email address to @gmail.com.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for the feedback! Glad it's alright now.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Daily Digest for 2014.11.25 missing. Any problems with the mail server or have they bounced again. I am using my gmail account as opposed to the sympatico.ca account that was the issue two months ago.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I received my daily digest at 20:00 GMT yesterday, and it looks like digests have been sent regularly since that time. There has been no report of bounced e-mails. Have you checked the Spam folder?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Yes, I did check the spam folder... nothing there. My schedule is set for 0500 UTC-5.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sorry, I don't know what causes this problem - there is no error message on our side.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Your replies are coming through the mail server without any issues. We'll just mark it down as one of the many mysteries of the Internet and wait to see what happens with the next scheduled digest release.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

FYI, I received my digest for today at the expected time.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

And the world is back to perfect! The DD is back as scheduled...
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Must have been a glitch in the space-time continuum then...
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Well, the glitch has returned. No digest received this morning. Will just have to read the stuff online. No worries. :smile:
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Strange - the digests are still being sent (and I receive mine without fail every day)...
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Is the digests sent to the registered email of the user? Is it possible to have the digests sent to a separate email that the registered user email. Maybe the email server Bob is using is spamming the items or rules are filtering out the digests for some reason.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Digests can only be sent to the registered e-mail address. Bob changed it from his Sympatico e-mail address to a Gmail address in October since Sympatico started bouncing the e-mails as spam.
I've been receiving the daily digest on my Gmail address without problems.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

When I changed my Lounge registered address to GMail I also changed the parameters on the Google Gmail site to forward a copy of all mail to my Sympatico account. In essence, I have been receiving double input. One through Gmail and the copy in the Sympatico in-basket. The missing digests of earlier this week and this morning brought nothing to either address. Which to me, implies a problem at the Google site. Having said that, your replies to my messages are coming through to both addresses. As you said Hans, must be the SPC. :smile:
Regards,
Bob

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Interesting Observation: I matched my actual digest input received 2014.11.27 0402 (UTC-5) with the actual postings on The Lounge. From that time stamp to a time stamp of 2014.11.28 (UTC-5), there were NO postings in the areas of Site Related, Operating Systems, Office Applications, Email..., Other Serious Stuff. Meaning there would NOT have been any Daily Digest for this morning's rendition. Now, there do appear to be appropriate entries in the Scuttlebutt forum that I believe should have been received... but only that one forum.

As stated, an "Interesting Observation". Perhaps the extract and forwarding of the Digest burps if only one forum is selected? :shrug:

Here are my selections for digest material.
ArchDD2014-11-28.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Bob