Sharper Images

BobH
UraniumLounger

Sharper Images

Post by BobH »

Some time ago, I complained about my pics being fuzzy when posted. Hans (I think) posted instructions for manipulating the files that would make the images sharper. Alas, age has stolen some of my neuron connections, and I cannot recall the instructions nor can I find the right search argument to find the post.

:hairout: :hairout: :hairout:

Can anyone help?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Sharper Images

Post by HansV »

For screenshots, the .png format usually yields excellent quality while keeping the file size down.
Photographs usually fare better with .jpg, and for small images with not too many colors, the .gif format works well.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

BobH wrote:Alas, age has stolen some of my neuron connections, and I cannot recall the instructions nor can I find the right search argument to find the post.
Can anyone help?
I ran a few searches but alas, I could not find that post you were looking for. I found a few based on sizing images and retaining aspect ratio etc...but none on fuzziness or blurry etc. I see Hans has reposted a reply with the various image formats. If you need more details, just state some questions and we can post more answers or guidelines...
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, both!

I've been saving screenshots as .png but they still seem a bit fuzzy to me. Maybe I need new glasses, eh?

Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

How are you seeing the text and other images in the lounge, including our avatars, etc? If these are not fuzzy, then you don't have to dock up money for new specs... Upload a screenshot and let me look at it.... :eyeout:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.