Didn't Find Answers In FAQs

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Didn't Find Answers In FAQs

Post by hlewton »

I probably missed the answers but I did look fairly thoroughly through all the FAQs and even did a search or two trying to find answers to these 3 questions. Admittedly I may not have phrased them correctly again as I have a habit of doing. But here they are:

1. How do I format a word or group of words to make them a clickable link to a WEB site or another post within this forum? I have tried [link]WEB site's url Click Here[/link] which works for me at another phpBB site I belong to but doesn't appear to work here.

2. What are allowable sizes of attachments?

3. Is there a list somewhere in this forum that gives the number of posts needed to change ranks? Not that that is important but I am just curious if one exists.

Thanks.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Didn't Find Answers In FAQs

Post by HansV »

1. If you enter a complete URL (website address), it will automatically be turned into a link:

http://www.eileenslounge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you want to enter a descriptive text, you can use [url=website address]description[/url].
For example,

[url=www.eileenslounge.com]Click here for Eileen's Lounge[/url]

becomes

Click here for Eileen's Lounge

See BBCode Guide and Tutorial: BBcodes.

2. Maximum file size for an attachment is 256 KB. You can zip a file if it's too large.
File types that you can attach are:

Images: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png (not .bmp, for bitmap files are unnecessarily large)
Compressed archives: .zip (use this to attach file types that can't be attached directly)
Documents: Word (.doc, .dot, .docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm, .rtf), Excel (.xls, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptm, .pptx), PDF (.pdf)
Text files: .txt

3. See User Ranks
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Didn't Find Answers In FAQs

Post by hlewton »

Thanks Hans. I really did try to find those and not sure why I came up empty but I will sure try to keep this thread handy for future uses.
Regards,
hlewton