Smilies in Full Editor

Rudi
gamma jay

Smilies in Full Editor

Post by Rudi »

Hi,

Is there a way of adding a few more smilies to the current "quick access" list of 16 (which is an odd (ok - strange) number) to start with!
When I say a few more...say about 25 or 30?

There are a few other nice ones like:
bash, blush, bagged, confused, drop, hailpraise, hello, jollyroger, joy, nope, razz, shrug, sorry, sneaky, yikes, yum

I see the first 16 on the first page (of the more smilies link) are what appears in the full editor, then the list start with 2cents and alphabetically from there on. Is there a possibility of modifying this to add some more nice ones to the quick access listing?
SP2-Tue,20-8.png
SP3-Tue,20-8.png
TX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Smilies in Full Editor

Post by HansV »

Yes, it would be possible, but we deliberately kept the number of smilies that is initially displayed small, in order to minimize the load time of the editor. If we doubled the number, it would have a noticeable impact on users with a slow connection.

We chose the smilies that were most popular in Woody's Lounge (only chocciebar was added later); beyond that different people will have different favorites, so it's not possible to accommodate everyone's preferences...
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Sure... (load time is more important than a list of smilies, so I understand completely).
TX

On the flip side, one could simply memorize the names of ones fav smilies and simply type that between the two colons... (like this - :thumbup: :grin:)
Scanning through those pages of smilies I saw some great ones I haven't used in years....
remember :bananas: :blackteeth: :hosed: :razz:
and Hans used this one on me years ago when I did not use Option Explicit in a VBA module - :scold: (lol, I really felt the ruler over my knuckles with that one)
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I seldom use the Smilies window - I generally use only a few different ones, and I know the code for those by heart.
Best wishes,
Hans