Won't redisplay automatically

silverback
5StarLounger

Won't redisplay automatically

Post by silverback »

Something has happened to 'the system' i.e my PC accessing Eileen's or Eileen's Lounge itself.
If I look at a posting before logging in, then login, I am no longer returned to the page after a few seconds. I have to actively click the link.
The same situation occurs when I make a posting and the page says I will be returned to the previous page; I'm not and I have to actively click the link.

Can it be established if this is something that's happpened on my PC (what?!) or something on the lounge. (I suspect my Firefox browser otherwise I think there would be lots of other postings about this phenomenon - and there are not)

Thanks
Silverback

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Won't redisplay automatically

Post by stuck »

First thing to do is to delete all cookies associated with The Lounge. I've had odd effects that have been fixed by 'starting again' in this way.

Ken

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

silverback wrote:Something has happened to 'the system' i.e my PC accessing Eileen's or Eileen's Lounge itself.
If I look at a posting before logging in, then login, I am no longer returned to the page after a few seconds. I have to actively click the link.
The same situation occurs when I make a posting and the page says I will be returned to the previous page; I'm not and I have to actively click the link.

Can it be established if this is something that's happpened on my PC (what?!) or something on the lounge. (I suspect my Firefox browser otherwise I think there would be lots of other postings about this phenomenon - and there are not)

Thanks
Silverback
I don't believe it's a Lounge problem. I certainly don't have that problem ( I use Firefox too ) and haven't heard of anyone else mentioning it.
Most Loungers do not log out when leaving the site and keep the cookie that was set when logged in. This way you don't have to log in and out when visiting here.
If a cookie was set previously, then delete it and let it set a new one when you come back to log in.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

stuck wrote:First thing to do is to delete all cookies associated with The Lounge. I've had odd effects that have been fixed by 'starting again' in this way. Ken
Thanks Ken, Viking
Right - I deleted the cookies and reentered the lounge. Opened a thread and then logged in. Nothing happened.
Then I noticed a banner at the top of the page : 'Firefox has prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page'

I've had a look a the options and can't see an obvious candidate for causing this problem. Also, I haven't changed anything in Firefox and it always used to work.

Any clues, please, loungers?

Thanks
Silverback

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Go to the Lounge login page and login BEFORE opening any threads.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

silverback wrote:I've had a look a the options and can't see an obvious candidate for causing this problem. Also, I haven't changed anything in Firefox and it always used to work.
Look in Options | Advanced | General tab. Uncheck 'warn me when websites try to redirect...'

Oh and you are using the latest version of FF aren't you?

Ken

silverback
5StarLounger

Post by silverback »

Thanks, Ken
Literally just found (0917 this morning) that option and unset it. Then checked Eileen's, otherwise would have posted this at the same time as you!.

Thanks for helping
Silverback