Required to sign in every visit to the Lounge

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Re: Required to sign in every visit to the Lounge

Post by Gloria E »

Bigaldoc wrote:Pardon me for I'm not an admin here, Gloria, but Leif gave you the text of what the Lounge gets. Why don't you make a copy of that and give it to them?

I think it's asking a lot to ask one of the admins to call your ISP, but that's just my thoughts.
I copied it word for word and read them to them, that should have been enough. A copy wouldn't have added anything that they didn't know. I'm going to take this matter upstairs at Comcast, I think the lower level customer service agents are just to lazy to find a solution.

Thanks for your help fellows, appreciate it. Let's just close this thread because it doesn't really involve the Lounge.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Gloria, doesn't Comcast have some kind of web "customer service" or account link where you can go to set stuff on your account.

This clip is from my Insight account where I have told them that I do not want any filtering or screening of my email. Seems like you ought to have something like that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Yes Al, and I went to their website, signed in and went to Mail> Options. I tried to change the Blocklist option. There I was stopped from making changes because the account if my husband's name. He will be unavailable for 10 days from July 25th, 2012.

I did manage to contact Concast Security Assurance which had a webform of an email that I filled out. Thursday, July 26th, 2012, I received a response and it follows:

We have received your request for removal from our inbound blocklist. After investigating the issue, we have that that the IP you provided for removal is currently not on out blocklist. We need the IP address currently blocked to further investigate this issue. Please verify the IP and resubmit your request."

That's why I asked for the correct IP Address that Hans supplied me. I am about to submit the requested information and submit it to Comcast. I'll see what happens from there.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Gloria.
It is most likely a setting with in your email program that is blocking the email from the lounge.
I do not recall you telling us what program you are using.

We can not expect ANY of the admins to call long distance from accross any of the big ponds. Remember that they ALL are volunteers and do a lot of work for us users.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

DaveA wrote:Gloria.
It is most likely a setting with in your email program that is blocking the email from the lounge.
I do not recall you telling us what program you are using.

We can not expect ANY of the admins to call long distance from accross any of the big ponds. Remember that they ALL are volunteers and do a lot of work for us users.
It's impossible for Windows Live Mail 2011 to block Lounge emails. I am running Mail Washer Pro that downloads my email messages before its forwarded to WLM. With Mail Washer, I decided what is spam and what is not. If I decided that a message is spam, I check it and it's deleted before the good mail is forwarded.

As for calling Comcast, I answered that in a previous post.

Thank you for taking the trouble to address this particular problem.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Gloria,
There is a Junk filter built into Live mail. It is in the options and you need to check to see what is in the Blocked mail list.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Dave, it is not Gloria's junk mail filter but her ISP - see Leif's reply on page 1 of this thread.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

DaveA wrote:Gloria,
There is a Junk filter built into Live mail. It is in the options and you need to check to see what is in the Blocked mail list.
Thanks Dave, believe it or not I never opened Junk. I didn't think I had to because what I considered to be Junk was weeded out while on MailWasher Pro. Imagine my surprise at what I found there. I'll only list the ones that might have affected this thread.

Junk - Safety Options was grayed out.
Safety options - Options tab: No Automatice Filtering, was pre-selected and could not be unticked.
Safe Senders tab - Added Eileenslounge.com to the list.
Blocked Senders tab - There was no Blocked Senders.
Security tab - (This one shocked me, I had no idea that WLM had a virus protection option). Internet zone was pre-selected. Under Download images: I unticked: Block images & other external content in HTML email.

The Junk email folder was empty.

I hope this helps you to help me and that something I ticked or unticked solves the issue. Please continue sending me emails, I need them to check if I solved anything.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

What are your settings when you log into you email, when you go comcast.net and open your email box there?

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

DaveA wrote:What are your settings when you log into you email, when you go comcast.net and open your email box there?
If you are referring to email settings, there were none to be seen. The closest I saw was email preferences. In cluded under preferences was: Email Accounts > Composing > Signatures > Reading Email > New Email Alert > Email Filters (none are selected) >Incoming Email Restrictions (Visit Comcast Customer Central to specify addresses that can send you email messages) >Vacation Messages >Forwarding > Search Settings > Keyboard Shortcuts.

That's it, nothing about account settings, etc.