Delete Thread

RonH
SilverLounger

Delete Thread

Post by RonH »

Recently I withdrew a thread that I had started but could not find a way to completely delete it. Is this only possible to do by Admin?
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Re: Delete Thread

Post by Doc.AElstein »

I think I noticed that you can delete before you get any reply.

But note also, in your case, if you delete your reply in that Thread of yours, you may then find that you are then able to delete the original first post, since then you don't have any reply. ( For the delete, there is a little x button , as in the screenshot below I think that is the "delete Post" button)
I just tried that out in the Test area, and it seemed to work. I completely deleted a test thread that I started a few minutes ago, and to which I had already replied:
First I deleted the reply, then I was able to delete the original post.

I don't know if there is any time restriction on doing this. I am sure an Admin will tell us
( Edit: I got an unanswered Thread in one of the main forums from eartly April, this year, and I can see that I have the x button option still available, also the same for a Scuttlebut Thread of mine from over a year ago with no reply. So my geuss is that there is no time limit)

Alan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Doc.AElstein on 05 Jul 2020, 11:40, edited 8 times in total.
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Delete Thread

Post by RonH »

That worked ... thanks.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.